Replacing Thermostat - Digital

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dd716ted

I want to replace the analog thermostat that came with the house when we bought it.. The existing thermostat isn't accurate and once disturbed for whatever reason (small hands)..takes forever to get the temperature to settle out at 70 degrees.. I have tried to find a digital replacement at the local BB stores but they just point to their selection..so many to choose from / types / capabilities?? My system consists of a Goodman Heat Pump - Coleman Evcon Electric Furnace.. The existing thermostat is a Goodman, Model # MPTA 18-60 30VAC.. I can't cross it to anything.. Can anyone offer any suggestions or cross reference the existing thermostat to a digital type?
Robert

Hi,

You'll need a heat pump t-stat with electric furnace back up, digital, battery operated IF you currently do not have a COMMON wire ran to t-stat.

Best to take old one with you to try to get same letter designations for wires.

Honeywell is best at Big Box stores. Or, go to a HVAC supply house, where I like White Rodgers t-stats also.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dd716ted

What about the Ritetemp 6036?
Robert

Hi,

Don't have any info on that t-stat. IF it matches everything I listed, should be ok. They are decent t-stats, but RiteTemp t-stats do not always work in all situations.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?