What to do with those ceiling flowers?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

sharon.72064

This weekend I am texturing my walls & ceilings (one room at a time). What can I do with those 'dumb' looking flower buttons. Was thinking maybe removing them and replacing them with a thin metal washer, than texturing over them?? I do not want to leave them on. I really need a quick response, since I will be leaving for Home Depot / Lowes in a few hours.
Thanks for all the great advice. This site has really got me inspired, where b4 I only thought I was stuck with a mobile home always looking like a mobile home. Keep up this great site
JD
Site Admin

Metal fender washers will work as well as the plastic rosettes. It would take a lot of texture to hide them. I just recently repaired a ceiling like this. I use a 1" roofing stapler (now called a lath stapler) to secure the panel to the truss and cover that with white screen trim. It does give the batten look though.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

With a screw gun you should be able to get enough flat head sheet rock screws into it it hold without rosettes or washers and be able to texture over them. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."