why is everything different in a mobile home?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Ummm, nope not today, do not want to remove a wall, buy all new cabinets, tile the counter etc...for a freeeee dishwasher!

Thankfully my kitchen can be remodeled at a really cheap price compared to others, even if I buy spendy cabinets etc... I can literally stand at the stove, pivot and do dishes, turn around and reach for the fridge.

I only have 5 upper cabinets 4 lower, and then the double ones above the fridge, I do miss some reasonable amount of counter space though!

LOL, I like it this way...do not have to cook for a lot of people regularly!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
sd0321

Yanita,

It makes me feel somewhat better that you are three years into owning your mobile home and still doing some finishing touches and remodeling.

And what is freecycle? I haven't ever heard of that. Some place where people may remodel and still have fairly good cabinets, etc., that they are willing to give away?

And can you give me any advice on this....there is a really big, half dead, cottonwood tree in my front yard. Part of this tree was bare branched no leaves dead in the summer. Is it the mobile home parks responsibility to trim off the dead stuff or cut it down? I have visions of waking up to this tree coming through my roof. And every time the wind blows (which is often) leaves, leaves, leaves......The yard right now is like walking through a bowl of dry cornflakes....and no end in sight, still plenty more leaves on this tree.... It gives shade, but..... I pretty much wish this tree would vanish. Do I have to pay to get it taken care of? Sherry
Greg

3 years?? why rush?? We bought this one new in "91 and are constantly doing upgrades & maintance on it. New kitchen floor this weekend I think. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

HI Sherry,

Freecycle is an online recycle program. Type in Freecycle.com in your browser. Once there you will need to register, this is free.

You will need to find the one for your local, people post items they have an no longer want/need, it is yours free for the taking if you respond quick enough. There are some simple rules that need to be followed. Our local freecycle has a monthly yard sale, bring what you want to get rid of, set it in a pile somewhere and feel free to take what you want from everyone else. NOTHING is suppose to be resold, only recycled.

Habitat for Humanity/Resale store for my area is a place where people donate furniture and all sorts of building items, new and used that are sold at very discounted prices.

Of course then there are your local Goodwill's and Salvation Army stores.

Another online site is Craigslist, again you can look for areas close to you.

Hope I helped,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!