plumbing problem

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

wilsonkori

ok the problem i have is with the water pressure coming into the bathroom it so strong that in a couple of months i have to change the shut off value of the toilet or the water control assembly in the tank
Greg

Hi & welcome. Are you on a well or municipal water system? Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
blamb

Just my dos pesos, ALWAYS have a pressure reducing valve on a mobile home. It is in my opinion the single most important item you can have, especially in homes with polybutelyne pluming systems.
If you are capable of installing it yourself they run about $45.00
and are very simple to install. If you are not capable the cost is not that high or shouldn't be. It is money very wisely and well spent!
This may not be the solution to this problem, however it will keep pressure spikes from coming in your plumbing system.

Good luck
DAVIS55

Hi
I would like ta add to your reply and ask a few questions. I hope it is OK.

buenf.

Are you serviced by a "water company" or do you have a private well?
If on a well the problem could be with the settings on your pressure tank. Consult with a well drilling/installation company or a qualified plumber.

If you are serviced by a "water company" the problem could be from the installation of backflow prevention devices. You should have been warned in advance of the installation of these devices and been advised of your need for a "thermal expansion tank" to prevent damage to the plumbing system in your house.

Call your water provider and see if this is what has happened. If this is the case then you will need to install a Thermal expansion tank. If you have the ability and tools it is a simple task but you need to follow the manufacturer's instructions or the device will be worthless!!

If you do not have all the tools required then you need to call a competent plumber ASAP.

Good luck,
[url=http://www.quailplumbing.com]Phoenix plumbing contractor[/url]