Water leak, spongy floor, underbelly sagging! Part II

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

AbbottsManor

Well, I called the insurance company to come look at the water damage. They immediately sent a company in to dry things out. They removed the linoleum, put 2 fans and a dehumidifier in the bathroom running 24/7 to dry out the floor. They also cut an opening in the underbelly to let the water out. So here is the odd thing... there is no more water dripping out. I did tighten a leaking cold water fitting at the faucet a few days before the floor started to soften, but cant understand how that could have caused the whole floor to be wet. There is a pipe or maybe a manifold about to poke through the underbelly, it looks wet but not dripping. I wonder if this may have frozen? I can't believe there is not an active leak now. I don't think the roof is leaking, it's only 3-5 years old and don't remember it raining much. Any ideas?

Chris
Greg

About the only advice I have is to keep a very close eye on it. Those are the type of repairs that I hate, you just never know for sure. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

You mentioned that they poked a hole in the belly to release the water...did they or you completely remove the wet insulation to allow for the floors to stay dry. Leaving wet insulation in place will promote mold growth and your sub floors could potentially wick the moisture upwards.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
AbbottsManor

They actually cut a small portion out of the underbelly. I am aware the insulation will grow mold. An insurance adjuster is coming tomorrow, a local MH repair company is also coming to do a complete replumb. I have to wait to see the adjuster's estimate, but the MH place is going to do the floor and insulation if the repair is covered.
It has been raining hard here for a day and a half, supposed to turn to freezing rain/snow etc. tonight. I hope everyone shows up tomorrow, but the backyard is flooded!
Chris