Would leveling help for door cracks?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kwhel

This has probably already been ansered but I didn't take the time needed to look. I had an insurance adjuster look at our roof because a tree service had dropped some heavy branches on it. As I was talking to her I mentioned how our storm door has an uneven crack at the top of the door, she said to have our home releveled. The home hasn't been levels in over 25 years and there is no permanent foundation. Before I spent a lot of money, do you think this could help the problem. I do know the trailer is unlevel because you can just look at the floor inside and see. Plus the washing machine vibrates really bad.
Help please and thank you
Greg

Releveling couldn't hurt. Washer vibration often is caused by the machine being unlevel and since the home is off it may help to just relevel the washer untill you can relevel the home. I would wait untill the ground dries up if you are in an area that has snow. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
kwhel

Thanks for answering. Sorry for the typos/
DigitalDreams

As for the door mine gains and looses gap with the seasons as the ground here heaves enormously with the seasons.

And what I found when I put in new doors was that if I used a dense foam as the seal around the frame, and used very long screws to hold the frame as the seasons change, I could just adjust the screws to keep frame square on door and foam expands and contracts with gap.

I'm talking the real foam not the expanding stuff in a can.

As for the washer if it is a top load I have a friend in the appliance
business who told me if your top load is over five years old it will shake and rattle no matter how much you level it because the tub suspension gets weaker with age and if you don't want to live with it buy a front load not only do they use less water which is good for the environment.But they don't shake like the top loads and if front load is little spendy for you I believe mark has a dense foam pad setup that you can order which goes under the washer legs and dampens the vibrations being transmitted to the floor by the machine and somewhat helps level it due do to dense foam compressing based on weight on each leg which in theory should work as water will always seek level (well as long as you have gravity)
Greg

Well digital, I hate to argue with you, but I will tell you first hand that our Bosch front load can shake this house worse than any top load we ever had. I'm talking pictures ratteling on the walls, Swinging light fixtures and plants shaking. I did buy the washer pads from Mark and it about ended the problem, depending on the size of the load. Part of the problem is that Bosch spins at 1200 RPM on the final spin, so it the load is off at all you feel it!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."