Please...need advise...

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Arlo

Do you live near a Home Depot? They rent out a fogger that fogs a product that kills mold. It is realtively easy. The trouble with scrubbing with bleach is that it releases the mold spores into the air and perhaps your lungs. The fogger is supposed to reach into spots you could not possibly scrub. I think I would still take out some wall panels so it could really get in there. Check into it. It's pretty cheap but of course you have to be out of the house for several hours. Google "concrobium" and see what you think. No VOC's means it should be safer for your daughter's asthma than bleach fumes.
TonyPa

I always thought there was only one type of bleach? I always think Clorox?

I will have to look into the insulations. I ripped out the outer wall to my girls rooms. There was mold at the footer board, and the back of the drywall, about 4 inches up. I ripped the whole wall apart, insulation and all, to find that it was only the bottom...LOL
But I did notice some black stuff on the insulation part way up. So I guess that was mold. But it wasn't on the drywall.

I ripped the footer board out, and the floor underneath it was fine.

Theres a Home Depot near me. I never knew they had a fogger? I will have to look into that. I am hearing that the mold you cannot see, is the more dangerous one??? Ummm, how do you know if you have that, if you cannot see it.

All in all, i did get the one wall ripped out, and the other walls..."inner walls", seem okay.
Jim from Canada

Sounds like you are well on your way. I would think that one of those cheap pump up sprayers, like you use for your garden, would work.

Jim
flcruising

Yes, you need to rid your house of the mold, but unless you seal it up and prevent the moisture buildup, it can come back again.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
TonyPa

I have on of those pump up sprayers. Are you saying to use the bleach solution in that?

Yeah, the holes are definately sealed. It was a roof leak, and they put a new corrogated roof on. I do have to do some work around some of the windows.