New metal roof as described in "Mobile Holme Repair&quo

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lowery3171

I have read the instructions in Mobile Home Repair for an inexpensive metal roof. Has anyone actually done this? I ask this because I have a 12 x 48 mobile home with a rounded roof the short dimension and then a slight peak for about 16 feet, 8 feet oneside and the other, in the long dimension, the height of the round is about 4.5 inches in the center or a total bend of about 9 inches. I went to Menards to see if the corrugated metal roof would bend enough to work on my home. The bend in 12 feet of one of their panels did not appear to be hardly any at all. Can anyone provide any information?
JD
Site Admin

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am not sure which steel panels you looked at as we do not have a Menards in my area. But the metal panels like you would find on a steel building or pole barn will be able to make the bend on a curve topped mobile home. The panel will bend much easier and naturally when laid on top of the curve you are putting it on and apply pressure to it. The best way to find out for sure is to contact the manufacturer. They will know the radius the panel is capable of.

JMO
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
lowery3171

The steel roofing panels I have looked at are in 3 gauges, .28, .29 and .30. and are used for commercial and residential roofs. Menards is in the upper midwest.