KWH for a 3 year old Coleman AC

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jerryspoolman

I live in a hot dry area in northern CA and I am trying to get a handle on my high AC cost. My house is a 3 year old 1260 sq ft modular. 6" walls. Living area faces west
The Coleman has a Deluxe Blend Air 11..
I do not know how to find the ton rating for the AC, I'm guessing that it is 3 or 3.5 ton.
The unit has a difficult time getting below 80 degrees and my Electric Bill is out of sight in July/August. Average high temp in mid 90s.
I have no problem heating, that leads me to believed that the insulation is OK.
Would leaving the Blend Air fan running full time during hot spells help?
How many KW does a 3 ton use
Robert

Hi,

KW use has too many variables to say w/o being there. Depends on usage, maintenance on unit, condition of unit, heat load on home, etc... .

Look on data tag/nameplate on side of outside condensing unit to get model number.

If you have a split system with an a-coil inside, get model number off of front of a-coil.

The blend is designed on a timed set-up that should be sufficient.

I would get an hvac tech to do some tests to see if anything is wrong or can be done to improve efficiency.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?