Older Coleman Evcon 2.5ton quit cooling

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Robert

Hi Marster,

Thanks for update. Sounds legit, keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Marster

HI Robert,

Just wanted to give an update on my central air. The tech finally found the leak. It was in the filter that lays down close to the ground. Not sure of the proper name. What made it so hard to find was the filter was painted and rusted under the paint which made the leak harder to be exposed. Replaced the filter, he recharged the unit and I'm good to go! Nice and cool. Working like it was new. We figured the unit is app 20 yrs old. Tech guy said everything looks in very good shape for the yrs.

Thanks for all your help. Hopefully this unit will give me another several yrs of service!

Do you know if there is a cental air unit for mobil homes that meets the requirments for the tax credit yet?

Thanks again Marster
Robert

Hi Marster,

Not sure what you're referring to with the leak, but glad it is repaired and working.

Have no info on the tax credits/units.

Thanks for update.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?