Coleman Evcon DGAT090BDD- Blows cold air

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

BeauCauchy

Hello,

I hope you can help with my problem. I live in Alberta, Canada and it seems that whenever it gets really cold outside (-20C/-30C) our furnace trips or something and will continuously blow cold air throughout our house. It will continue to do that until we shut off power to the furnace, take off the cover and press a little red button, and that seems to reset the furnace and allow us to get heat in our house again. Now this has become quite a problem, as it goes out in the middle of the night, or when we are away at work and we are left standing in a freezing cold house. I was hoping that you would be able to maybe suggest something, anything to us to get this problem fixed. Maybe someone else has come to you with this problem before and might shed some light onto this situation of ours. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. Have a great day.
Robert

Hi,

Is the red reset button on a limit type switch near the blower housing or mounted on the blower housing ?

If so, that is an upper limit switch and it is either going bad and failing or is doing its job and tripping due to a no blower problem or blower not running as it should.

If that is it, then when it does it, is the blower running ? If not, reach in and see if the motor is hot to the touch.

Could be a bad switch, bad motor or bad run capacitor for the motor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?