Coleman Presidential II cycling

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Anthony

My blower is cycling on and off though the burner continues to burn. It seems that it could be the Fan Control switch and while looking into it I found this -

Blower Time Delay Fan Control:
Time Delay Relay is a Direct Replacement Blower Control for Carrier, Coleman, Day & Night, Payne, Bryant, Frasier Johnson, Intertherm, Tappan, Wesinghouse, and many other Brands used to control the on and off time of the blower motor

Will turn the blower on in 45 to 75 seconds and will turn the blower off in 75 to 90 seconds after home has been heated.

Replaces these Cam-Stat Part Numbers: S196-(1,2)A32-45( C), S106-(1,2)A46-30( C), S103-(1,2)AA50-30( C), S106-(1,2)A53-30( C), S106-(1,2)A53-40( C), S106-(1,2)A54-30( C), S106-1A-45-75C, CARL36824.

Is this a viable alternative to the Thermostatic Fan Control Switch?

Second, the blower is No. 7670B692 and its working fine but my question has to do with the Medium and High wiring connectors. Only the High wire connector is connected to the blower. Can I change that to the Medium wire connector? Does this motor have the dual range capacity? I'd like to do this to have the unit run quieter.

Thanks
Robert

Hi,

What is furnace model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Anthony

7600A Series Presidential II
Robert

Hi,

Look on the furnace facing for the data sticker or nameplate and get complete furnace model.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Anthony

Hi,

Found it on the lower section - model # 7663A

Thanks,
Anthonly
Robert

Hi,

What is the series number at end of model number ? 7663A??? ?

Thanks,
Robert
Anthony

Robert,

Thanks for your looking into this. The series number is 856.

Anthony
Robert

Hi Anthony,

Do you have a/c also or just heat only ?

Thanks,
Robert
Anthony

Hi Robert,

Yes, a/c too.

Thanks,
Anthony
Robert

Hi Anthony,

Fan Switch # 7975 - 3281 can be seen and ordered through PayPal from left side here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Best to stay with oem parts unless you are willing to have an hvac tech come in and test temps to see if a adjustable fan switch/control will work ok within your furnace specs.

As for blower, high for a/c and either low or med. low for heating.

Thanks,
Robert
Anthony

Thanks Robert,

I ordered the fan switch.

I don't see a connection marked Low on this model.

Anthony
Robert

Hi Anthony,

Does your motor have a part number on it ? Is there a medium low marked ?

Thanks,
Robert
Anthony

Hi Robert,

Motor part number 7670B692. It has four wires coming from the motor. White - connected to a white and then off into a multiplex connector. Red - connected to the Continuous run switch. Black - connected to the High connection terminal (with a black wire coming off the other side of the High connection terminal going to a blower relay 6313-228). Blue - connected to the Medium connection terminal (with no connecting wire plugged onto the other side of the Medium connecting terminal).

No, there is not a 'medium low' marked.

So, for the winter, I move the black wire coming off the blower relay and presently plugged onto the High connector terminal over to the Medium connector terminal? There are no open terminals (5) on the blower relay.

Thanks,
Anthony
Robert

Hi Anthony,

Ok, your wiring is messed up for starters. Put the black wire back where it was.

Then, detail to me from each of the 5 blower relay terminals, how many wires connect to each, what color and where they go from there.

At the motor, does the wires come "out" of the motor actually OR are they connected to terminals either inside the motor or in a small black box on side of motor ?

How long have you been there ?

Did this just start up or is this unit knew to you ?

I'm asking cause it appears someone has wired it wrong.

Thanks,
Robert