Coleman Evcon DGATO56BDD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dunrite417

I have a Coleman DGATO56BDD furnace. Trouble light is blinking 4 times. I believe this means the limit switch is bad or one of them because I heard there was more then 1. My question is where are the limit switches and how to replace them. Furnace will run for a short period but the blower will shut off before the house reaches the right temperature.
Robert

Hi,

Yes, 4 flashes means a limit is cycling. One is on back wall of control box and the other is on left side about midway up under the blower section.

Both should be closed at all times and should show continuity when ohmed with wires disconnected.

To replace, you remove wires, remove screws, mount new switch and replace wires.

Those are safeties, so you should get furnace checked by an hvac tech as they may be doing their job and opening due to a problem within furnace.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dunrite417

Ok, I replaced both limit switches and it is still doing it. Any other ideas. Thanks
Robert

Hi,

My last sentence in previous reply, if still doing it, it should be checked for safety.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dunrite417

Unfortunately I cannot afford a repair man at this time and its still doing it. I have to keep turning the main switch off which resets it. I'm thinking the control board or blower inducer. What troubleshooting can I do myself.? It still blinks 4 flashes and I have replaced both limit switches.
Robert

Hi,

As previously stated, IF it is flashing a limit open code and you replaced the limits and it is still doing it, then they may be doing their job.

The furnace needs to be inspected to ensure there is not a safety hazard causing this.

To continue turning off and on and resetting it is raising the risk of a fire IF there is a problem.

Find someone or an organization to either inspect it or help you pay to have it inspected and diagnosed.

THEN, if the fix is a DIY one, repair it and have peace of mind knowing you are warm and safe.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert