All looks right but all I get is cold air

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Mic

I have a Coleman Deluxe Blend Air II and this year all I've been getting is cool and cold air. The fan switch is set to auto and it only comes on when it cycles. If I pull the panel on the bottom I can see a flame rail all lit up. The filers are less than a month old. To me everything looks right, but my house hasn't gotten above 65 in the last 2 days, so I know something is off.

Could you please help me figure out what is going on?

Thanks
Mic

Here's some additional information. The furnace type is a gas down flow. I've pulled the cover of the control panel on the front of the furnace (it has a wiring diagram and a list of trouble codes) On the circuit board there's a diode that is solid on, which I'm assuming means that the furnace is running in normal operation since that's what the diagram on the cover showed. I guess that next step is to crawl under the house and see if there are holes where something could have damaged my vents.

I'm still hoping that someone has a better suggestion though.
Mic

Ok, I figured it out.....YEH!
The answer was spider eggs. The port where the gas comes in was full of spider eggs. Evidently enough gas was getting through to light and look to a newbie like it was working, but after cleaning out the spout there was easily twice the flame as there was before. Needless to say this will be one of the first things I look at if this problem arises in the future. It was very easy and definitely beats crawling around under the house in the dirt. I hope this helps the next person who maybe having similar problems
Robert

Hi,

Sorry I was away and not here sooner.If you go to the front of forum page and do a search for the word spider, you will see how many times I tell folks to check main burner orifice for blockage from spider/web.

Very common on a low heat, low burn/fire rate problem, especially on first light ups of winter.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?