30 year old electric furnace problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

silentsandy

I maintain 20 or 30 modular homes with model 3120B750 Coleman Presidential II models, all built in '78. Newest problem is one that someone had shorted the thermostat wires together inside the cabinet, so that it ran on and on. I repaired that but now have no blower.
These blasted things have four or five different schematics in them, none of which match the model number of the unit.Getting to the blower relay on the other side of the sequencers is going to be a pain, I've checked everything that I could have possibly knocked loose, wondering if anyone else has run into this and has suggestions that would save me time and sliced knuckles.
Sandy
Robert

Hi Sandy,

First, buy some mechanics gloves for curing the sliced knuckles. Then, blower not running in heat, a/c or both ?

Sequencer controls heat blower mode and fan relay controls it for a/c and fan ON.

Go here to order a parts and wiring diagram / manual :

http://www.hvacmanuals.com/

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
silentsandy

Robert: Managed not to slice knuckles, checked a little further and repaired problem by replacing the sequencing relays.
Uriah has nothing on me, fella - I'm gratefully oh so 'umble, I am.
thanks,
s
Robert

Hi,

That's great news, you're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?