power in to contactor

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

matthewkham

where does the power into the contactor come from,.breaker box or something on air handler?

my outside unit has no power at the contactor in but the coil has power and is pulling the contactor in and making connection as i ohmed thru with breaker tripped and manually pushing the contactor in. it is a coleman eb12b inside unit.
Robert

Hi,

Most often, it should come from power pole straight to the condenser unit disconnect box on home wall near unit.

Then from there into the condenser.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
matthewkham

ok thanks, i'll look for a disconnect box.
Robert

Sometimes codes are not followed and it is run straight from power pole. Just go to condenser, look for gray colored (usually) conduit and follow it.

If it goes to disconnect box, the other one from box, follow it to see where it came from before box.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?