Evcon Coleman, Model DCAT075BDD, Ignition Failure

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

r_hinsey

I have a series of evenly spaced green lights, and furnace will not light. The combustion air blower runs. I never see any glow or fire through the window. I can hear the gas valve clicking several times before it reverts to the flashing green lights. I assume it is not a defective flame sensor because it never lights. I believe it may be a defective gas valve or ignitor. Is there a way to diagnose the gas valve in order to eliminate it? Or possibly a way to diagnose the ignitor? Any help would be appreciated. And I would also be Humbly Grateful. :D :wink:
Robert

Hi,

Count the flashes, how many blinks do you get ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
r_hinsey

Hi Robert, :D

I appreciate your response. I also hope my response to you, also helps someone else.

The series of blinks were endless spaced evenly apart. So, I guess that means 1 blink.

After talking with a local parts person, I decided to replace the ignitor. I could not wait for a response in the forum because the temperature here in northern Ohio was in the lower 20's, and it was costing about $10.00 a day for kerosine to keep everything from freezing. Lucky for me replacing the ignitor fixed the problem. :wink:

Thanks again from me and all of the people you help, here on the forum. :!:

:D Merry Christmas to all. :D
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?