furnace problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

nickolas

I have a Coleman DGAA077BDTA that I am not sure is running right. I can here the propane burning for a full minute before the blower comes on. The blower comes on and runs for a full two minutes, then the furnace shuts off for a full minute then repeats the same cycle over again. I have tried changing the cycle time on the thermostat but it has no effect, it will still run the same way. Is this normal? I dont have the money to have someone come out and check it. There is a green light on the furnace that stays lit, and I have checked it several time and have never noticed it blinking or going off.
Robert

Check the main burner orifice/spud behind the gas valve to see if there are any blockages (spider/web/eggs).

Check burner tube to ensure it is clean and clear.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
nickolas

Can you post a pic of what that is and where please. As far as I know the furnace has run this way since it was installed several years ago.
Robert

Hi,

Don't have a pic on hand, it is at the back of the gas valve and attaches to the gas valve. Long or short pipe with a burner orifice inside that controls gas pressure to burner.

If unknowledgeable about this, best to let an hvac tech inspect it for you.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?