coleman 90 series model 2940-666

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

drjohn55

hi
my old coleman(1985) does not run. the burner will light for about 5 seconds and then go out. it will repeat this about 3 times and then stop fireing. if it is shut off and restarted after a few minutes it does the same thing. does not run long enough to start the fan.
thanks for any help you can give me.
Robert

Hi,

There are several things that could be causing this. Due to the high voltage involved with some and the high cost of the parts, along with age of furnace, this needs the attention of an hvac tech.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
drjohn55

hi robert
all the techs we have around here work for gas companys and they tell me they don't work on coleman and because of the age mine can't be repaired but they will sell and install a new one. can't afford a new one and this is in my garage and does'nt get a lot of use. i'm an experianced auto tech and if you point me in the right direction i can figure it out. o'm thinking flame sensor or a relay?
thanks for your help, john
Robert

Hi John,

Here is two possibilities:

Ignition Control # 373-23884-001

Electrode Assembly # 2940-3041

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?