How Long Do Coleman Heater Elements Generally Last

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

britsoft

We have a modular home with a coleman electric furnace. It was built in 1998 and installed (the home) in 1999. I was wondering, in general terms, how long do the heater elements generally last before they need replacing? Not sure of the model of the furnace but it is working good now without any problems. However, it would be nice to be able to know roughly when the elements might get towards the end of their useful life so I don't have to have someone out here replacing them at overtime rates, but don't want to replacement them if they should still be good for several more years. Appreciate some rough idea from someone knowledgable in such things as to when I should consider doing the preventive maintenace...Thanks....Bob Weaver
Robert

Hi Bob,

It can vary too much to set a time frame. Have seen them last 20+ years and also last only 10 years.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
britsoft

Thanks Robert, sounds like its time to get the part here just in case. An installer won't be hard to find but no one around here has parts for these furnaces. Would get pretty cold waiting for the delivery guy. Now I have to figure out which one to order...Bob
Robert

Hi Bob,

What is the furnace model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?