Coleman Heater 7966-856 Blower Motor Installation Question

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bs7040

I have a Coleman 7966-856 60K In / 53K Out. Blower motor is obviously bad since there's a high pitch squeal and cage is slow to turn and reset switch will trip when it tries to run. Looks like the motor is a 7966-311 model.

How difficult is it to remove the blower assy to remove the motor? After disconnecting the motor electrically the assy. looks to be tricky since there a 2 screws on the right with only about 2 in. of space between the assy. and the outer wall. 2 other screws on the front and left which are easily accessible.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. After reply I'll order a motor.

Thanks

JC
bs7040

I figured out I only had to remove the front screws and screws on the left and the whole assy. slid oud. I was able to find a replacement motor locally and made the repair myself. The article on blower assy maintenance was most helpful!
Robert

That's great, glad it helped and you got it going again.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?