Coleman Evcon EB20B Warm Air

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Lexus510

Hi
I have a 1995? Coleman Evcon EB20B electric heater in my modular home. Most times the air output is good. Now it has got progressively worse. I took my DVOM and took the door off the unit and turn on. The air output on floor starter at 105-110 degrees for about five minutes then 1 of the 2 limit switch on heating element tripped and air decrease to about 90 degrees. The same result if i put door back on. What made me check this is the thermostat would be set at 75 degrees but house would get no higher than 70 degree. What do you believe is the problem? Last year replaced the sequencer for continously run problem; no problems after that.
Thanks for your reply.
Robert

Did it feel overly warm/hot in furnace area ?

If not, probably a bad limit switch.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Lexus510

I failed to mention that this unit had 2 sets of elements(separate each having 2 limit switches). the top was hooked up and the bottom was not. I swapped the elements with same result. And swapped limit switches with same result. I felt it had to be the elements. Maybe previous home owner had same problem and swapped element).So I bought a new element( part # 3500-410 ) it arrived Jan 9,2010 and I hadn't had a reply to my post so went ahead and took the chance and installed it. Grrreeeat, wonderful, excellent, It is working. My wife and 10 month old are happy. Thanks for reply. Glad I went with my feeling. Forums are great. Sometimes you get quick answers and sometimes reading others questions give you an idea.
Robert

Glad it worked. If you read enough posts here, you will most likely find the problem and an answer somewhere as many as I and a few others have answered in last 4 1/2 years since we went with this format.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?