Coleman Heater 7966A856 Blower Motor Hot

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bs7040

I replaced the blower motor last week (7966-311P Blower Motor). Hook up was straight forward but now with the furnace on (normalized) thermostat not engaged the motor is hot to the touch. Limit switch is OK. With the furnace running the motor is cool to the touch due to the volume of air flowing by it which makes sense but what doesn't make sense is how hot the motor is when the blower is off.

This doesn't seem normal to me and I would think no power to the motor till the furnace kicks.

Does that sound right?

Thanks

JC
bs7040

After looking at the furnace I've concluded that the motor is operating normally. With the furnace off the motor is at room temp. After the furnace runs and shuts off the motor immediatley feels cool due to the volume of air flow but then heats up to considerably before a gradual cool down.

I'm going to assume this in normal.
Robert

Hi,

Depends on how hot it is and how quickly it cools down. Should never be too hot to lay hand on.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?