Water line diagram

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

deano2450

I recently bought a new washing machine thinking my old one was going out. I removed the water lines only to find out that my cold side isn't flowing. Bought a new washer for nothing. I went outside to see if I could see anything out of the ordinary, and I noticed I had accidently left the hose hooked up to the spigot. Frozen pipe, I'm thinking the cold for the washer and outside lines for the spigot run off the same line.

My question is, do the water lines of my '96 Oakwood 16x80 run through the wall above or below the floor line and are they easy to get to so I can thaw them out?
Greg

Hi & Welcome. My guess would be that they run under the floor, But that is just a guess. You will need to check them out to find out for sure. You should be able to tell the location of the floor and judge for your self. Unless the washer lines are on an outside wall than I would say that it must run under the floor.
Check the underbelly for damage in that area, I don't think that ice in a frozen hose spigot would travel to the water line.
Water lines many times will thaw if you cover the heat registers some and run the furnace. Check the washer faucet also, it could be bad. Remember to shut the water off & open a few faucets first. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
deano2450

I checked the washer faucet and it seems to be ok. I could see the valve open and close when I turned the knob.

I have water at all faucets but the washer and outside spigot.

A friend of mine suggested that I use a "salamander" under the home to thaw them out, just to keep an eye on it 'cause they can get out of hand in a confined space.
dalepres

We got up after a sub-zero night last week where we had left the hot and cold water running slowly to no water in the kitchen and thought something was wrong. It turned out to be the sprayer on the faucet had clogged with pieces of rubber from its seal. I guess the 2.97 Walmart sprayer, probably 4 years old, just couldn't take the running warm water all night. So don't discount any kind of filters or screens in the line.