Coleman Evcon EB20B

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

prepper

Hi, came home last night to bad smell in house and blower not working on furnace. Heat pump unit outside was running but blower inside wasn't. Turned off at thermostat and after a few minutes turned Fan switch to on and it came on and ran but I turned it back off pretty quick and switched it back over to auto and it ran for a minute or two and went back off, it was blowing nearly as strong or loud as normal, about 1/2 to 3/4 I'd say. Well, after got home today I opened it up and the blower fan will turn very free, keeps spinning for 15-20 seconds with just a light spin. Put cover back on, turned on at thermostat and let it run for 3-5 minutes, turned off, opened furnace, little bit of the same smell, blower housing warm, motor pretty warm but not really hot.
Is the blower motor the only thing this could be? The capacitor wasn't warm but that doesn't mean anything right? I'm game to change the blower motor myself but don't want to do that and then find out its something else. Oh, by the way its 11 years old and I'm not very good at keeping up with filter changes.

Thanks
Robert

Hi,

Is it dirty and does it have manual oil ports ? Would really need to know if it is getting power when it quits.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?