Two 2 flashes on Coleman evcon

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

scottman

HI all. Its been a while since I posted I hope everyone is well.

I have an ongoing problem with my Coleman furnace. Occasionally, if it seems the furnace hasn't been on in a while (like in the morning when thermostat goes into "daytime temp", I pull the cover off and see 2 flashes. However, MOST OF THE TIME, the furnace will turn on by itself. Every few months, in the morning, the furnace isn't running and I have to turn up the furnace to make it come on. In other words, I HAD it set on 70, the room temp is 68, I turn it up to 71, and it comes on. One time, I turned the thermostat to OFF waited a few mins, then on and it came on.

The home is a 2002 Skyline. Furnace model is DGAA090BDTA. WHen we first moved in, the upper limit switch kept tripping. The heating guy had to lower the gas burn and he also increased the fan speed to help... It turned out they made the ducts too small for the furnace!

Every winter, he has to come out because the furnce is flashing twice, and DOES NOT come on after several tries. The first 2 years he replaced the combustion switch, then another time he replaced the blower motor. It seemed to fix the problem so I thought.

The furnace still occasionally flashes twice but so far it is coming on. I am still going to buy a combustion switch and try replacing that.

NEW: I just watched it with the cover off... the light is blinking twice. I hear everything come on... the furnace still comes on, and the light is still blinking twice? I'm glad it is still on because its 30 outside, but it seems that something is wrong.

Could increasing the fan speed be hard on the switch or cause them to malfunction?

Why would it flash but still come on?
Robert

Hi,

Could be a bad control board. Mobile home ducts are all small and the home size dictates the furnace size and the ducts are designed for the furnace to fall within that.

I believe I would find a reputable hvac tech, he's had enough time to correct this.

Needs to be thoroughly tested to find problem.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?