my mobile home coleman furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

redneckstylin

already im new to this site read some threads and looks like ill be a regular here :D

we just bught a trailer year is a 1972 ......yes yes nice and old ...........its a starter

been going good furnace was working perfect till other day all of a sudden i wake up and it was as cold as it was outside -20

so i asses the furnace thinking aw just a pilot light went out well low and behold after reading the panel it says nooooo need to light electronic ignition well damn just like these damn new cars these days...

MODEL NUMBER-------DGATO75ADC
S/N-----------------940664547
this baby is made by evcon coleman

so i had furnace guy come point me in the direction he tested tested and tested in each cycle i guess and everything was good relays ect...he said i put money on ignition module little grey box with a crap load of wires he said if its not that it flame sensor on the inside...

so bought a new grey box here in town threw it in and stilllllll nothing

heres what my unit is doing .......ill turn temp to say 25 it will go click click than glowplug lights stays lit flame on takes awhile than blower comes on than blow heat through out all my little vents in trailer for about 30 seconds than goes click click does it over and over than after about 5 times or so it shuts down .....but that little moter on her [not the big motor ] the little gappher that has a fasco label on it stays on all the time ..............

so ive replaced

-ignition module
-furnace filter
-air blow all the dust off this unit includeing all the motors wires and connectors

whats next somebody point me in a right direction please

sorry for long story figured you guys would want very detailed :D
redneckstylin

okay another update i shut the furnace down before we went to bed. fired that baby up when i woke up now it wont shut off blower is running and every 2 min or so you can hear it go click click click click ......
redneckstylin

okkkkkay next update...............

took thermostat cover off and took my green and red wire only 2 wires there and spliced together ....................voila i got heat it stays on and my trailer feels like palm springs in here............

anyideas if thermostat is hooped is there a way to test it ?
now my furnace guy tested the wires going to it i had 24 at them so that makes me think thermostat is hoopty
redneckstylin

NOBODY HAS INPUT?
redneckstylin

hello anybody home :D
Robert

Hi,

Sorry for delay, been swamped and very backlogged. Anyway, let me read the posts and will reply back shortly.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi,

Go to furnace and tell me where the green wire from t-stat is attached.

Then look behind t-stat and see if there are any other usable wires.

Would rather see a red and white than a red and green as it could confuse someone later on who may be working on it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
redneckstylin

well i got a tech coming to look at it today it beeen a cold coupe weeks...............
wil keep you all informed.............

the wires are red going to R and greyishblue wire going to W
Robert

O)k, thanks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert