Coleman model 6806A732

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sean bean

I have a Coleman Presidential 6806A732 electric furnace with serial number 77301562. I am having some problems with it and would like to find out what the difference is between a 6806A732 and a 68068732. I would also like to know how to read the serial number so I can figure out how old this furnace is.(OBSOLETE I THINK). Spent alot of time on the internet and cannot find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

68068732 is not a valid model number, so cannot give any info on that.

Don't recall exactly how they read the serial numbers back then, too much water under that bridge.

However, it would be a late 60's or early 70's era give or take, so at least 30+ years old.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sean bean

Thanks for the reply Robert.
I made an error in my typing in my original request for seeking the difference between a
Coleman 6806A732 and a Coleman 6806732(I typed an 8 in by mistake I typed 68068732 instead of 68606732). I have downloaded a manual from the internet and am going thru it to learn about my furnace as I am having shut down problems. I want to learn more before I start to address issues with the furnace. Basically what differentiates the Coleman model with an A in the model number as oppossed to the same model number without the A? I have found reference on the internet that the serial numbers changed around 1992 or so and that the first four number were supposed to be month and year and flip flopped in order but none of that makes sense for my serial number. You are right about too much water passing beneath the bridge. Want to learn a little more before I ask any more questions about parts if you a willing to help me. Thanks again for your much appreciated reply.
Robert

Hi,

Usually that is just a newer design series, with very little to any difference except a little newer.

Go ahead and detail what the furnace is doing or not doing.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?