Down draft problems

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kelch75

Hi I hace a coleman modle 7975-876 in an older mobile home and am having problems with the pilot light going out when it gets windy. There is a bad draft in the furnace when I try to light it and the match blows out the only way to get it lit is to put a pail over the chimney to stop the draft. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the draft problem when its windy? We have extended the chimney hoping this would help but it didnt seem to do much.

Thanks.
Robert

Hi,

Does the roof jack have a good all weather crown cap/assembly on it ?

Did you extend it above the peak of roof ?

There is an auto relite kit that Mark sells that will relight it when/if it goes out.

785 - 001 Automatic Pilot Relight Kit can be seen and ordered through PayPal from this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Make sure pilot burner/orifice and tubing is clean.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kelch75

Hello. I have extended the roof jack about 3 feet and there is a good weather cap on it. I also had the local plumber come and check the furnace, he replaced and adjusted the thermo coupler and cleaned the pilot jet and checked the gas pressure. He turned up the pilot flame a bit as well.
I will check into the auto relight kit and see if that would cure the problem.

Thanks.
Kelly.
Robert

Hi Kelly,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Thanks for update.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?