Coleman EB17B intermitent starting problem, sequencer?

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

odinseye

I am having fits with our Coleman electric heater model number EB17B. I think from looking at other posts in this forum that I need to order a new sequencer from you guys but I am not sure.

Sometimes it runs as it should but other times it will try to start over and over and nothing will happen except some clicking.

I can hear it click and them hum for about 12 seconds or so and then click again. After a little bit it will try it again with the same results.

The only way I have been able to get it to run is to throw the breakers to the furnace, wait a few seconds and then reset them. Sometimes it starts right away after the first reset and sometimes it might take multiple times with the breakers before the blower will come on like it should.

EDIT: also I wanted to add that when you turn the thermostat to "ON" it does come right on. It only does this when it is in "Auto" mode.

This is getting very aggravating because sometimes it will work right for several days no problems and then other days it wont. Me and the kids are all sick because we keep waking up to a house that is 50 or so degrees and the heater hasn't been running all night. Please advise if I need to order a new sequencer and which part number I need to get from you guys.

Thanks.
Last edited by odinseye on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
odinseye

need help with this issue please, not trying to be impatient but I am not finding any information anywhere else but here and I need to get these parts ordered if you guys think this is what my problem is.
odinseye

please let me know If I need to post any more information about the heater or the situation. I don't know much about these kind of issues so I am not sure if I gave you guys enough info?

Hope to hear from somebody on this.
Robert

Hi,

IF the elements are heating up fine, but the blower motor is not running, then the sequencer would be the most common fault for this.

Sequencer # 3115 - 3571 can be seen and ordered through PayPal from right side here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

It is ok to run furnace with t-stat set to Fan On to have heat. Everything will work the same except the blower will run 24/7.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
odinseye

thank you very much for your time, I will order one right away!
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?