Evcon electric furnace model # c30r-042u-B

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

catlady2323

Hello,

I am new to this forum board, and would like to thank the moderators for hosting this site. I have done my own repairs for a decade now, and I am thrilled there is a site for both information and help, and where I can order the parts I need!

I have owned a manufactured home since 1999, which has the original electric Coleman Evcon furnace. The home was manufactured in 1995, and since purchasing I have carefully maintained the furnace and a/c with yearly inspections (which include cleaning the aircoil) and monthly cleaning of the durable air filter.

No repairs have been necessary other than the replacement of the heating element this past year.

I am in the state of Indiana, so this winter has been normal with temperatures often below freezing, but rarely into the single digits.

First of all my furnace is short cycling, and I don't know what the anticipator in the thermostat should be set at. The recommendation here is to set it between .3 and .4. I do not have the furnace manual (previous owner did not leave it), so have no idea if this would be appropriate for my furnace. Any recommendations on where I might get a manual for my furnace ? If you have a manual for my model (see above) the serial # is : c309605-55148.

My furnace just recently, within the past week, has begun making a noise that concerns me. When the furnace kicks on and turns off, it often makes a rumbling noise (which makes you think the furnace is shuddering, which of course it isnt) and then makes a noise like a low frequency boom before turning off completely. It only makes this noise sporadically, not every time. It is an electric furnace.

There is no difference in the heat output.

Any ideas on what may be causing this ?

Thanks for any help or information,

Sharon
Robert

Hi Sharon,

That is your a-coil model number, look on furnace facing for data sticker or nameplate to find furnace model number.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
catlady2323

A rookie mistake, lol.

The Furnace model # is: EB17B
Serial #: 960622530
BTUH: 56,000

I checked my anticipator in the thermostat, and it is set at .4. So apparently it is not short cycling, but my new insulation is working. lol

It seems the rumbling and "boom" I am hearing is just when the outside temperature drops below freezing. The ductwork for the system is in the crawlspace which has new foam insulation.

Thanks for any input,

Sharon
Robert

Hi Sharon,

Is your ductwork inside the underbelly beneath the floor or actually below that in the crawlspace under the home ?

It should be in the underbelly unless someone rerouted it.

IF the duct gets cold temps to it, it can expand and contract and make those type noises.

The correct heat anticipator setting is 0.4 to be adjusted at time of installation if needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?