COLEMAN 6806A732 BLOWER ISSUE

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sean bean

My Coleman 6806A732 blower motor immediately stops running when the last sequencer opens its contact. The Coleman manual says the blower fan is supposed to run until the heating element chamber cools down to around 100 degrees. This model Coleman does not have a fan(heat) switch. The only thing I can see is that possibly the blower relay somehow is supposed to accomplish this but I do not know how to check this out. My relay (84-20303-301) is the same number as listed in the parts section of the Coleman manual. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Thanks aagain
Sean
Robert

Hi Sean,

That last sequencer contact is same one that controls the blower motor, so they both stop at same time.

By the time the last element shuts down, the temp is already at or below 100* .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sean bean

Hello Robert,
I really want to express my gratitude to you for responding to my posts and you have helped alot. From what I have read I was under the impression the blower continued to run after the last sequencer was shut off even though the sequencer shut off power to the relay. I thought maybe the relay had some kind of delayed action switching device to keep the motor energized for a bit longer. Anyway it is reassuring that you say the motor shuts down with the last off sequencer. The more I think about it I now know that the motor and impellor continue to spin for a while before they come to a stop. I am sure that pushes any heat out of the element chamber. I ordered the sequencer you suggested and am awaiting its arrival in a couple more days. I have a few more questions but will make a new thread after I get the new sequencer in. This furnace has not been touched in over 9 years since my sister bought her trailer(except new filters every three months). I am trying to get it fixed right for her and could not do it without someone like you and your forum.
God Bless you people for your help
Until later
Sean
Robert

Hi Sean,

You're very welcome, happy to help. There is a set of contacts that close and when they do, it sends power to one element and the blower motor.

So, in order for the element to shut off, the contacts have to open and that also breaks the circuit to the blower motor.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?