Burners ignite intermittently

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jawnee

I have a Coleman 7966-656. Please advise as to what might cause the burners to ignite intermittently. Typically, I will have to do a complete shutdown and wait for an hour or so to get the furnace to work. Once it fires up, it will cycle anywhere from 1 to 5 or 6 times and then the burners will not ignite again and it will "lock out". Occasionally, I can get it going again by re-setting the thermostat several times but usually, I have to shut it down again and wait. Thanks in advance for your help/
Robert

Hi,

Wrong heat anticipator setting at t-stat, dirty burner tube, dirty/clogged burner orifice, bad gas valve, problem with roof-jack, gas pressure problem, intermittent short in wiring or controls.

Best to let an hvac tech troubleshoot and find problem area due to variables in what it could be.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?