Colman Model G9T08012UPB13C

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ringer555

I have been having problems for two years with my colman furnace. The flame will ignite and stay on for 4 or 5 seconds, the blower will kick on and then the flame will go out. I usually clean the flame sensor and then it works again. About a month ago it was doing the same thing and when I cleaned the sensor it still would not work. I had a local HVAC technician come and look at it and they put in a new flame sensor and it worked for 4 days and then still had the same problems. The flame will not stay lit. The code blinks 8 times which states - lockout caused by loss of flame (5 times in one cycle). Sometimes after an hour when it resets it works fine again. I have had 2 different HVAC companies over in the past two years and have spent nearly $500 and still have the same problems. It appears the flame sensor is not the problem. Could it be something with the board? Wondering what else may be causing this.
ringer555

I forgot to note...this furnace is in a split level house not a mobile home. It is only 8 yrs old as well. Not sure if that matters...
Robert

Hi,

If it's doing it consistently, then I would get an hvac tech to be there, let it do it with test equipment hooked up and ready.

Then he/she can see exactly what is causing it.

Could be ignitor, gas valve, gas pressure, board, combustion air intake clogged, loose wire, etc.. .

Would need to test all in heat circuit with call for heat in order to determine where the break was at to shut system down.

Be sure you clean flame sensors with steel wool and do not touch the metal rod with your fingers/hands.

Also inspect the shroud for cracks.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?