Water/Sewage draining on the ground

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nikkidineen

We were told the drain came unconnected....But the park wont reconnect it - says its not thier responsibility. Is it hard to connect? Im a single mom - so Ive never had to do anything like that before
Brenda (OH)

here is an overview of the repair....

1 you have to figure out what the drain line material is (black pipe is abs?, white is pvc) and get matching material if possible. it may be only the rv store or the mobile home parts store will have it if it is the black pipe.

2 see if any of the parts such as the elbows, are broken, get measurements. to figure out pipe size, you can try measuring around the pipe with a tape measure. it something is broke, if it isn't disgusting dirty, take it to the store with you

3. get the missing parts, a hacksaw, sandpaper, and the correct type of glue, there probably is a cleaner/activator if it is pvc, and maybe straps to hang the pipe or bricks to stack under the drain line

4.measure, cut the pipe with the hacksaw, smooth the edge with the sandpaper, dry fit to see if it works, clean the pieces, put the glue on, put on the strap or put the bricks under it, hold it together a few minutes for the adhesive to set

5. don't send water down the drain pipe for however long the instructions say on the glue can....

I have only seen this repair done, not done it, so I might have missed a step... you can get the idea though that it is not a repair that requires a lot of tools. the worse part will be getting under the home to do the work.....

Brenda (OH)
joedirt63

first you have to see where it is disconnected and determine if it is broken, my home has a rubber elbow with 2 hose clamps that secure it to the main seware, that came loos on mine and was a simple fix. , if it is broken these rubber boots will work , i like them it's easy to use and somewhat flexable, but maybe not allowable in some areas, some ones gotta go under hous and take a look see.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
Brenda (OH)

yes, all of that, and if it fell off of the toilet, you may have to remove the toilet, fix the floor (probably) reinstall the flange by regluing it to the drain line, get a new wax ring, reinstall the toilet....

lets hope that is not what is wrong, but if it is, the archives have lots of details on toilet flanges, bathroom floor repairs, etc.

Brenda (OH)