Blower problem on EB15B

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

JasonT1273

I have a Coleman EB15B that is about 10 years old or so. Recently the blower has bgun to not start up properly. The thermostat is fine and the outside unit of my A/C as well as the evaporator seem to be fine as well. Sometimes the blower will come on normally after the outside unit and evaporator have begun to circulate the refrigerant but sometimes it won't especially after long periods of not running (i.e. overnight) even though it is getting power and the coils are frosty. However, if I reach into the side of the blower assembly and give the axle even a little turn in the proper direction it will kick in and air will flow normally then I replace the panel and all seems well until it is not running for a long period again. Is this a capacitor issue or could the blower motor need cleaned/lubricated/serviced/replaced? Also, when the blower will not start it seems to make no difference whether it is on fan only or auto with a/c... the nudge of the axle is what it takes to get it going.
Robert

Hi,

Replace the run capacitor and remove the blower assembly to ensure motor and wheel are clean.

Also oil the motor IF it has oil ports .

Usually a sign of bad run cap if it runs when the wheel is spun.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
JasonT1273

Thanks for the response and advice.
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?