Coleman EVCON ac unit BRCQ not cooling well

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

etbarden

We have an unknown age Coleman Evcon air handler/furnace and a Coleman AC unit BRCQ0301BD. In winter it seems to work fine, but in the summer the AC can't keep up. I'm really not sure if this unit is low on freon of if something physically isn't working.The A coil does sweat and there seems to be cool air coming out of the ducts but the air isn't very strong.We almost think something is disconnected. The low side pipe on the condenser seems pretty warm than usual. Also the condenser coils are disinigrating as we speak. Anyways, is the blower maybe not blowing at the right speed? I've hear these blowers have multiple speeds but I don't think its doing that. When it runs its pretty loud already. What should I check or do? By the way I have cleaned the A coil and cleaned what I could on the condenser. Also does anyone really know what the cost of a new condenser is? I'm doing this for a friends' parents so I am kinda unfamiliar with these units. And were from wisconsin so service is hard to find for this things.
Robert

Use flashlight laying down in one floor register and mirror held down in next one to look back at light. Do this to all registers to inspect the duct.

Make sure blower motor and wheel and filter are clean.

Multiple speeds means more than one speed to choose from.

After above is complete, if still not cooling good, check return air and supply air temps at furnace return air grille and closest supply register from furnace.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?