Coleman EB15B Blower Motor Not Starting On its Own

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

deronsaylor

When I turn the AC or the HEAT on the blower motor will not begin blowing. It had been blowing very slowly, then wouldn't start on it's own now. To use the AC I have the thermostat set to where the unit will come on, but I have the breaker knocked at the (inside) bottom of the unit. So, I take the cover door off, reach in and find the motor shaft on the right side, give it a manual spin in the direction of rotation (counter clock-wise) then put the breaker in the ON position then put the door back on. It will run until I re-open the door and knock the breaker. Please help with the problem. Thanks.
Robert

Bad run capacitor. Motor could be failing as well, but most likely just the run cap at this time.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
deronsaylor

Thank you. Any idea where to get a replacement, I'm trying to find the part # on it. Looks like 7.5uf 370VAC 50/60 Hz and some other numbers.
Robert

Hi,

We have it or you can get it locally somewhere. Just be sure it is 7.5mfd/370V or 440V.

If you want the ordering info, let me know.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?