Coleman EB15B?

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Trojan

Hi guys I did a quick skim and did not see any similar ? or topic so...

I recently purchased a 3115-3571 sequencer from you on 07-23-10 and got and installed it on 07-26-10, once again thanks for such quick and curteous <sp> service on the part Mark, I will buy anything I need from you from now on. :wink:

The system has been working better than it has in awhile, then this morning 07-31-10 it's back doing the same thing, cut the system off or cut the a/c up the fan runs unless you flip the breaker, pretty sure the old sequencer was bad since one side of it fell apart when swapping it out and the rest when taken apart was pitted and burnt inside, plus when it would not cut off if you barely tapped it, it would disengage the circuit like the contacts were sticking.

What could be the issue?
A bad replacement part or could the fan relay or transformer or both be faulty as well as the old sequencer?

I know the system is several years old and the transformer hums, but the voltages on the primary and load sides are within specs.

As I do not want to throw money at parts that are not immediately needed, budget is too tight to play "replace-apart till ya fix-it" like alot of people say do on this when checking locally with techs , or my fav when working on cars...lol.

I personally like to always find out the exact cause and what to fix/replace instead when it comes to anything, I believe in doing the job right or not doing it at all.

Any ideas are greatly appriciated in advance.

Highest regards,

Troy
Robert

Hi Troy,

Sequencer controls blower motor during heat mode. Fan relay or circuit board controls blower motor in cool mode.

Otherwise, would be either a bad thermostat or a shorted circuit.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Trojan

Thanks for your reply Robert,

I went ahead and ordered the fan relay

It's not the t-stat as I have tried 4 dif ones I have around the house over the weekend, and now it happens when it feels like it, you can turn any of the t-stats off and on a few times, either system off or fan auto/on a few times and the blower will now cut off until the next a/c cool cycle starts, then it may cycle normally for hours or the next off cycle, and then when it feels like it will stay running until you do the above mentioned.

I'll post back in a few days when i get it and get in swapped out.

Regards,

Troy
Robert

Hi Troy,

The fan relay is most likely the problem from what you're saying. Get it installed and give it a couple days and see if it is working right again.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Trojan

Just got the relay a little while ago.

I will install it tonight when I get home as I am at work currently.

I will report back in a few days and let you know how it goes. :wink:

Thanks for such great fast sales/service once again Mark & company :D

Thanks again for your time and replies Robert :)

Regards,

Troy
Robert

Hi Troy,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Trojan

With my luck.....lol :lol: it's working like a champ now :)

It appears that the fan relay was putting a heavy load on the transformer, as after replacing it the transformer no longer hums at all :D

It looks like it had been getting extremely hot, as a few of the terminals had that tanished/melted look to them :?

Thanks again for all the advise and help Robert :mrgreen:
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert