Coleman EB15B square D breaker humming.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

wvmedic

My Son has a Coleman EB15B, it has a square D 60 amp breaker in the furnace and is making a slight humming sound. If we turn the top breaker of the twin breaker off the hum goes away. I have made sure the wires are tight and the breaker is not getting hot also there is no smell of the wire or breaker heating up. Is this something that could be normal or is the top breaker going bad? This furnace is only on it fifth season, if the time frame helps any.

Jeff
Robert

Hi Jeff,

Humming usually is a sign the breaker is going bad, but it could hum for a long time. I always recommend replacing it once they begin to hum.

Can give ordering info if needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
wvmedic

Robert thanks for responding.

The PN# should be 3500-377P/A, correct.

Jeff
Robert

Transformer # 3300 - 3861 can be seen and ordered from here by paging down to it:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... -240V-40VA

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?