Value

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

MomofMany

Hi. I tried doing a search and thought this has been covered before but the search feature said there were no entries. Hope it's in the right folder here. We have a singlewide that we are considering selling. It's a 1985 Connor and has had a lot of updating. It was a 3/2 that the previous owners converted to a 3/1 as to enlarge the master bedroom. There is all new flooring (carpet in bedrooms, laminate in living room and nice vinyl in bath, hall and kitchen) We are including the appliances with it. So, although nobody can tell me what it is worth exactly, I'm trying to find a ballpark figure and see if there is a website somewhere similar like Kelly Blue Book that might be able to help me out. We are in SW VA.

Thanks so much!
Stephanie
Greg S

Your best option is to search "for sale" listings in your area or, if you are selling why not simply have a realtor do an appraisal.

Drive through parks in your area and get a feel for the market as it will be different everywhere and at the same time get the names of Realtors listing mobiles as they will best know the market.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
MomofMany

Thanks. All mobile homes in the area that are selling without land are doublewides. We are in a pretty rural area and when most people by something it's through word of mouth. The realty office just shut down. I've tried asking around but I just get "I don't know." I've looked at mobile home sales offices but most have crazy price ranges for the same model and they include moving and hooking up. The price for same model and condition doublewides can vary by $20k! We are guessing that the singlewide is worth $7,500 - $10,000 based on what I've seen but just don't know. A lot of people were shocked when we said we would sell our doublewide for $35k and we thought that was a good price.
Greg

Stephanie, The problem with "Book value" is it is based on you have buyers ready to buy, and the home is an AVERAGE home. That said first what is an average home? and how many buyers are lined up?

Around here ANYTHING livable will bring around $5-7k. The problem you are apt to run into is the people that want it don't have or can't get the money (until tax time). You may be better off to price it a little high to weed out the dreamers, It is much easier to drop the price some than to raise it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."