Coleman 3400-815

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

wzarella

Its 6am and I am posting this after waking to a freezing house!

I have a Coleman 3400-815 furnace. Last year the sequencer went bad and I bought and installed a new one. At some point last night the fan completely quit. Last year when the furnace wouldn't kick off it ran continuously until the breaker was kicked off. No such luck this year so I am leaning toward the fan motor being toast but it could be the sequencer. I am guessing that is the weakest link.

I still have the old sequencer and was going to try it and see if the fan would run continuesly. I can see the coils kicking on and off so I am pretty sure I am close in thinking its the motor or sequencer.

My question is there anything else I can check before ordering another sequencer or complete fan/motor/blower assembly? I see there are 4 single use cartridge furnace fuses would that have anything to do with the fan blower not kicking on? Is the likelihood that a brand new sequencer would only last a year? The furnace is 25 years old and until last year nothing had ever been done to it.

Thanks.
--Bill
Robert

Hi Bill,

Place t-stat or furnace Fan switch in the ON/Continuous position and see if blower runs.

Could be motor, run capacitor, sequencer, loose wire, bad fuse for most common.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
wzarella

Spoke to Mark today and ordered 7 parts! New fan assembly, new sequencer, new transformer and 4 fuses.

I sure hope this fixes my problem! Its been a cold 3 nights here in Nashville! Thank goodness it gets up to 75 during the day!
Robert

That's great, thanks for ordering.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?