Kitchen Lights

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

gchart57

We just purchased a used mobile home that has the fluorescent lights inside the curved and flat semi clear panels. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remodel this or where we may have the panels duplicated. The lighting is very bright and we like it but if a good suggestion is made for a remodel we may just replace the ceiling fan in the center with a large fluorescent fixture. Please help!
flcruising

I'm not quite understanding the question...

You have a fluorescent light fixture that is missing the cover? You have a ceiling fan you want to replace with a fluorescent fixture?
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Greg

Hi & welcome. If you can attach a picture or two it will help us get a better idea of what you are dealing with. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
gchart57

In some spots and each side on the kitchen it's a dropped ceiling with the lights up in them with semi clear ceiling tiles, The other pieces fit in like a curved ceiling, wondering if anyone has a ceiling like this and did they ever repair or change it.

Thanks,

G
gchart57

I've learned that it would be considered translucent ceiling panels that curve up to another ceiling level with a ceiling fan in the middel. If the translucent panels were not bent and curved to fit it may resemble a tray ceiling.
Socalrudy

I took out that type of lighting in my place and put in recessed lighting. Made it look a lot nicer.
I am living my white trash dream of owning a mobile home and my parents couldn't be prouder.
gchart57

Would I be corrected in guessing you just lowered or suspended the entire ceiling?