I need insulation and the mesh underbelly. Any tips?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

woren

Mobile home repair! I need insulation and the mesh underbelly. Any tips?
The entire center needs to be replaced (8x80) and about 40 foot on one side. What is the best way to insulate around the pipes? Any tips on where to buy the mesh? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
joedirt63

hello, well this site has a online parts store ,you may look there,also has a very good book with repair info on mobile homes. your under belly can be found there, also sounds funny but i used a vinle mesh tarp to repair mine, had small area, 5x10 stapled it in place after i replaced theinsulation,then taped the joints with repair tape.try to make sure the surface to be taped is clean and dry. and temp. if the pipes are next to the heat duct wouldn't worry about it after you fix the under belly, but i guess extra insulation wouldn't hurt,i used that round foam type made for pipes. used it around my heat tape on my water supply. guys on this site are very smart and helpfull, they tell it like it really is, get the book , wish i did befor i started renovateing, ok guys your turn. good luck woren.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
Greg

Some here have used Tyvec & fiberglass insulation. Mark has belly material & tape in the site's store also. Make no mistake it is not a quick or fun job, everything is in the way of everything else.

It might be quicker, easier & cheaper to go with an insulated skirting system. See "A better skirting idea" in the articles section of the site. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
woren

Thanks .I'll have a try ..