Windows

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

bnrboy775

I have a question about windows. The windows are set up with an interior storm window. The storm windows are falling apart, the frames coming off the panes, the latches and holding tabs at the top are breaking and barely working. What do you guys recommend that I do with these windows. I'm in the process of tearing apart the living room and soon the bedroom and figured while I've got it all torn apart I would address the windows. Any helping would be appreciated
JD
Site Admin

New vinyl windows would be the best idea. Other than that, you could take a window to a window business that has been in business more than 20 years. These old school places will usually have the parts you need for the repairs as well as be able to repair your windows for you pretty cheap.

In my area, there are a ton of new window business that have only installed vinyl windows. These guys won't be of much help. But there are several window business that have been around forever and I take aluminum windows to them for repairs quite often.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

Replace them with a quality window, you'll be glad you did!!!

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."