My home needs major repairs!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

homebuff

I have this 88 model 16x60 Prestiege MH & I have some pics of the damage that I need to repair.
Hope I can get some input on how to repaIr it properly.
Some show the wood rotting around the back door. Other ones show the inside upper panels from past water leaks but fixed the leaks & having a hard time finding the upper panel.
The last ones are of where the upper flat beam center runner is trying to come loose & can't figure out why. I know I can merely just screw it back in place with long lag screws.
Hope to get some kinda support & input on fixing all my repairs.
As soon as I can get the pics down to 256kib I'll send them.
Maybe someone can tell me how to shrink them so I can upload them here to my post. I tried to figure out how to upload them to my profile but failed.
Really need to get this repair done soon as I plan my vacation coming up rather quickly.
Thank's again!
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
homebuff

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

This is what a get when trying to upload 5 pics seperately one at a time after shrinking them to fit with my photo software.
Alot harder here than on FaceBook!!!
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
JD
Site Admin

I put in another request to fix the attachment quota limit. Hopefully that happens soon.

Repairing the door area is pretty straight forward. Studs can be replace in full and joists can have the rot area cut out and replaced by sistering another joist board against the repair. The 12' ceiling panels are pretty much non-existent any more. A small area can be "patched" using the 24"x48" acoustic ceiling panels. If you want the ceiling to look like it has not been patched, the whole ceiling would come out and be replaced with gypsum board. The trusses may need to be reinforced to handle extra weight.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.