RE: Black Spots -- Mold or just dirt!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Psaltee

We're looking to clean the outside of our mh and we'll be using the '30 Second' cleaner. It really does a great job on cleaning tough weathered areas. My question is what I call dirt splatters that seems to be dried on. Is this just dried on mold or is it really dried on dirt splatters. Best way to describe it is to say that when it rains and dust and dirt are blown in every direction after the rain it appears that the rain caused some of what the wind blew in to stick to the gutters and parts of the siding. The '30 Second' liquid that I'll has got bleach in it so whatever it is will be killed and the area will be cleaned. Anybody ever have this experience?
psaltee
Greg

Since it's out side I don't think I would worry too much either way. It's possible that it is environmental or even Aphids, like I said if it's outside I would treat it as dirt.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Psaltee

Hi All! Noticed there were 75 plus reviews of this post and only one reply. I'm curious that I'm the only one experiencing this issue. Don'y be shy! Like to know what you all are thinking. Surely, there are others having the same or similar concerns. Share you thoughts and comments. Could help a whole lot of people. Thanks, psaltee
1987Commodore

I have the same type of thing going on the front side of mine. The front is almost always in shade, Nothing on the back side, which is always in full sun. It seems to be worse this year, but it has been wetter this year, too. I think it is mold/mildew. I think it will need scrubbing to get it off the vinyl siding.