3in1 questions! :) How to fix... Hole in wall, wall mounti..

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

tbwrench

I am looking information please. I would like to get replacement parts for my 1994 SRI mobile homes bathtub faucet. Can you tell me where I could get them or how to identify what brand/type of faucet I have? I know that when I walked into a plumbing repair store the counterman took one look and knew that the parts in my hand came from a mobile home.

I am also looking for help or hints on how I can repair holes in my interior walls. My walls have a type of covering (vinyl I think) but other wise seem like normal drywall, only a little thinner. The holes are not big (screw holes and such). Also, I am wondering if it is possible to get replacement wall panels if nescessary, and if so, would they have the same colour and pattern as what is in my home.

Last but not least, I want to mount a flat panel Led TV which weighs around 30 - 40 lbs. to my wall. Have others donew this in mobile homes? Can the walls supports the weight?

Thanks!
bobfather99

Many factory mobile home faucets are of lower quality, and finding parts is tough to impossible. Probably would be easier to replace with a new one of better quality. Just take your old one into your local store and get a replacement with the same dimensions.

As for the TV mounting, you will probably be ok with the weight. Just make sure the mounting screws anchor to wall studs.
Tip your bartender.....
flcruising

Ditto what bobfather99 said.

The wall panels you have are typical for mobile homes. As for finding a matching pattern, probably not possible. If the holes are that small, you can treat them with caulk (White Lightning is my brand of choice) or spackle (drywall mud), and touchup paint that is close to the pattern color. The results may be acceptable, but you can also prime and paint the entire wall and not worry about the pattern. Also, some have had good results removing the seam strips, then mudding/taping them just like regular drywall, and finally priming/painting with interior latex.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]