Garbage Disposal

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

buffee92027

I will NOT be DIY ....but I have a mobilehome 1971, with a BADGER 5 garbage disposal. Its been here since I have 1999, and probably long before that...anyway it SMELLS!!!! :? :? :? so bad I can't stand it.....I have tried VINEGAR, BAKING SODA, PLINK, APPLES PIECES, LEMONS PEELS, VINEGAR ICE CUBES, ENZYME CLEANER(this stuff took cat feces & cat pee smell out of a chair) but it won't even touch this smell. It appears very rusted.....inside. I am vegan so there is NEVER any kind of meat or grease of that nature put in it....I luckily have a disposal cover.....I need to replace it....but after replacing other items in a 1971 mobilehome, its NEVER SIMPLE....WHAT WOULD BE A VERY INEXPENSIVE DISPOSAL for me.....?????? are they all universal.....? thank you for all your help! :idea:
Greg

For the most part they are universal. There may be slight differences such as electrical location & mounts but nothing too bad. Look for the same motor size and possibly manufacturer that you have now to make it the easiest.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."