sliding patio screen door

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

I have been trying to buy a new screen door for my sliding patio door. Much to my dismay I threw the old one away a long time ago when it got damaged. Now because of it's size it will be about $80 for shipping alone plus the cost of the screen door. Any suggestions? Surely there is some sort of place in my area that sells things like this for trailers but for the life of me I can not find them. Any help I would appreciate.
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site,

Have you checked with Lowes or another big box store to see if they can get a replacement?

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

Hi Terri,

I can get them custom made at a glass shop here in my area. You will have to look around to see who makes custom window screens. There are a lot of window businesses that do nothing but vinyl window replacements. These guys will usually not be able to help you. Look in your yellow pages under window repair or windows. Look for a company that says they have been in business since.... like 20 years or more. They surely dealt with the aluminum windows then anyways.

Hope this helps.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.